Chemical Catastrophe

Confined spaces and high angles aren’t the only jobsite hazard, a local worker was killed after an ammonia leak that was declared a level 3 hazmat situation, caused him to inhale the chemical.
According to,
“A man died Wednesday night after a large ammonia leak in a seafood warehouse in Boston’s Seaport District, according to the Boston Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to a call about a possible ammonia leak at the Stavis Seafoods Warehouse Wednesday evening, the fire department’s chief operations officer, John Walsh, said during a press conference. Five to six workers were in the building at the time of the leak, and one of them died from the fumes, Walsh said.”